We lead youth to a better path through experiential adventure programs in the great outdoors. Ideas and attitudes formed through direct experiences are a greater influence on choices and behaviors in the future than those formed through indirect experiences.
The intensity of a wilderness experience creates an ideal environment to influence attitude formation and to teach skills such as leadership, teamwork, and conflict resolution. All of these skills are essential for learning how to thrive with life no matter what the circumstance. Camptown is not a residential camp.
Programs take place on both public and private lands throughout the United States. Camptown uses outdoor wilderness adventures such as backpacking, canoeing, and mountain biking to teach leadership, teamwork, character development, diversity, history, and environmental stewardship to youth from all walks of life. We instill, in each youth participant, environmental awareness and stewardship, effective leadership and teamwork skills, awareness of personal choices and consequences, a vision expanded beyond current life circumstances, responsibility, respect for others, and self-confidence.
Our Mission and Purpose
Camptown’s mission is to challenge, mentor, and teach youth about life through outdoor adventure and nature programs that help build confidence, character, and hope.
We foster values such as sharing, caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility as we help youth adjust to and cope with their changing world. We lead youth to a better path through camping and adventure programs in the great outdoors.
Youth form ideas and attitudes through these direct experiences. In the wilderness, they learn skills such as leadership, teamwork, and conflict resolution. They develop an appreciation for the natural world. They place themselves in a beautiful environment that transcends the landscape of street and suburban life.
Our Guiding Principles
Our values provide the principles which guide our lives and form our foundation for working with youth. Our love of creation is the reason for our genuine interest in each youth and for our respect for the environment. We serve youth in a manner that enables all participants and organizations to feel comfortable.
- People Matter — We deliver our services in a professional, non-discriminatory manner regardless of background, race, religion, national origin, sexuality, gender identity, or socio-economic background. All people are created equally and are due respect, encouragement, and love.
- Honesty and Accountability — We will be honest in our business practices and with the people we serve. We will hold ourselves to the highest of principles for our behavior both at work and in our personal lives.
- Stewardship — We will use Camptown resources responsibly. We will also take care of the environment by practicing Leave No Trace principles in all of our programming.
- Professionalism — We will represent Camptown in a professional, positive manner in all of our interactions, correspondence, and communications with the public.
- Fairness — We will charge a fair price for our services. With the exception of fundraising events, our charges will reflect our actual costs.