The following volunteer position has direct contact with youth. To protect the youth we serve, all adult volunteers working directly with youth must fill out a Volunteer Questionnaire and agree to a police background check before working with any youth in a Camptown program.
Trip Mentors Requirements
A Trip Mentor serves as an adult role model on a Camptown adventure. Mentors will be involved with the adventure from the beginning training classes through the post-trip celebration. To be considered for a Trip Mentor, volunteers must:
- Have a passion for helping youth in need and willing to work with youth from a wide array of backgrounds including youth with physical, mental and emotional disorders, youth with behavior problems and adjudicated youth.
- Be 21 years of age or older (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals 18-20).
- Be physically fit. Our adventures can include hiking in rough terrain and in all kinds of weather conditions. Trip Mentors should be in good enough physical condition to complete the scheduled program.
- Complete a Camptown Volunteer Application and Camptown Consent, Release and Assumption of Risk (PDF).
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
If you are interested in helping as a Camptown Trip Mentor, please complete the Camptown Volunteer Application (PDF), Camptown Consent, Release and Assumption of Risk (PDF) and return to us by FAX or mail. If you are interested in volunteering in any other capacity or have any questions, please contact Don Schafer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you joining us in our mission to lead youth to a better path.